TAMPA, Fla - Autodesk will be represented at the DistribuTECH 2010 conference, the premiere electric utility transmission and distribution event in North America, with a booth exhibit and with its Autodesk utility technology solutions.
Autodesk today announced a service offering for its Autodesk Utility Design (AUD) software solution to support Rural Utility Services (RUS) standards from the Rural Electric Association (REA). AUD is Autodesk’s utility software solution that helps utilities more quickly and accurately design, engineer, estimate costs and order materials for distribution networks. By supporting RUS standards with its service offering, Autodesk helps small and mid-tier rural electric distribution cooperatives (COOPS) to more easily and cost effectively be able to implement AUD with increased distribution design efficiency. COOPS will now have the ability to utilize some of the same best-of-class design capabilities offered with AUD that utilities such as Anchorage Municipal Light and Power and others use today.
With the new services offering for AUD, COOPS can more easily use AUD for:
* Overhead and Underground Configuration
* Overhead and Underground Engineering
* Automatic Material Ordering for both Underground and Overhead
WHERE: Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL
Autodesk Booth: Level 3, Booth 113
Tuesday, March 23 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 24 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 25 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Autodesk Utility Design software helps utilities more quickly and accurately design, engineer, estimate costs and order materials for distribution networks. It streamlines the design process with true rules-based automation—integrating the creation of construction drawings, performing engineering calculations to size facilities, and linking to materials management systems to create the correct materials orders for new facilities.
Mar 24, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets