Dassault Systèmes’ V6 To Provide VF with Online Collaboration Environment for Global Product Development and Sourcing.
LOWELL, Mass — Dassault Systèmes today announced that VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC), a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, has selected Dassault Systemès’ ENOVIA V6 PLM solution as its platform for global apparel development and sourcing. DS ENOVIA was chosen after a competitive review of leading PLM vendors and specialist apparel technology providers. ENOVIA V6 will provide VF an online collaboration environment to harmonize all product communities globally. VF sought a proven solution that would enhance collaboration while accommodating the Company’s diverse product portfolio, global presence and growth plans.
“We target technology investments in strategic areas and Product Lifestyle Management is one of our key focus areas. We are pleased to begin this partnership with Dassault Systèmes. We chose Dassault Systèmes for the strength and flexibility of its current product offering and for future plans for PLM in the retail, footwear and apparel space,” said Chris Hobson, Vice President of Business Systems for VF Corporation.
Dassault Systèmes’ V6 PLM provides a high degree of flexibility to support VF’s multi-brand portfolio. The software is highly configurable, incorporating industry best practices, while enabling unique solutions for each of VF’s brands and their respective business models. By leveraging ENOVIA V6 for design, development, sourcing and production, VF can enhance its business processes from design to delivery by:
• Reducing the number of manual and disparate processes currently used to manage data
• Enabling collaboration on projects to better support the speed and scalability of innovation
• Reducing direct material costs and development times through strategic collaboration with suppliers and vendors
“VF Corporation is a company known for its strong consumer brands and product innovation. At a time when many organizations are cutting back their IT investments, companies like VF are recognizing the opportunity to invest in solutions that can help drive profitable growth through collaborative product innovation and cost-effective sourcing,” said Mich Tellier, CEO, ENOVIA, Dassault Systèmes.
Mar 29, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets