PARIS - Dassault Systèmes today launched Release 20 of its collaborative V5 PLM portfolio, including CATIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, and DELMIA. Today’s launch of V5R20 includes enhancements to DS’ ENOVIA SmarTeam multi-CAD collaboration software, integration of SIMULIA’s nonlinear and thermal realistic simulation capabilities into the V5 platform, as well as unique composites design and simulation capabilities in the CATIA and SIMULIA brand portfolios. V5R20 also features various enhancements across the entire product portfolio, including digital manufacturing, furthering support for production deployments and overall usability.
V5’s openness is advanced in Release 20 with updated multi-CAD integrations and a new 3D viewer available directly within ENOVIA SmarTeam. In addition, V5R20 introduces a new product, CATIA Extended STEP Interface. It enhances large assembly archiving with nested assembly support and in V5R20’s Q2 2010 update will feature unique comprehensive support for composites design attributes and functional tolerancing & annotation data. Q2 2010’s update to the entire V5 portfolio will also include support for Windows 7.
“Comprehensive, robust, and proven – these are words I use to describe our DS PLM implementation,” said Dan Lyvers, vice president, Engineering, Viking Range Corporation . “The breadth of the DS PLM portfolio ensures that we can consistently deliver on all of our major programs. And the tight integration of the individual solutions, including ENOVIA SmarTeam and CATIA, ensures collaboration between our enterprise and multi-discipline engineering users, enabling everyone to innovate together.”
“My guiding philosophy is that Dassault Systèmes never rests. Our commitment is to deliver not only the grand innovations that enable tomorrow’s industrial processes, but also constant, unwavering improvements to our customers’ deployments,” said Dominique Florack, senior executive vice president, Research & Development, Dassault Systèmes. “It is the innovations in the details, that frequently make the difference for our customers.”
Thanks to realistic simulation technology from SIMULIA, V5R20 now enables customers to include nonlinear and thermal physics behavior in their design while maintaining full integration with PLM data and processes.
“We are focused on designing reliable fire detection and extinguishing equipment that experiences extreme pressure during operation. It is critical that we simulate the physical performance of our products both accurately and efficiently,” stated Jean-Marie Bocquart, technical director, L'Hotellier, a Hamilton Sundstrand company. “Due to stringent performance and development time requirements, we selected SIMULIA V5 Extended Analysis to improve the analysis of our products’ nonlinear behavior during the design phase directly in CATIA V5.”
V5R20: Investing in Collaboration and Openness
CATIA V5R20 serves customers in production and support business processes across all industries
* CATIA V5R20 leverages collaboration and productivity with CATIA Composites solutions:
o Enables seamless collaboration between engineering and manufacturing thanks to full generative manufacturing part creation taking into account engineering requirements. The manufactured part is automatically created from and synchronized with the engineering part, taking down the turnaround time from a day to minutes.
o Offers concurrent working on the same composite part, later merging and synchronizing separately designed stacks into a single manufactured composite part.
o Delivers significant gain in productivity thanks to the new grid-based design methodology which automatically generates plies by taking each cell’s composite specifications defined during simulation and applying composite design best practices.
* CATIA V5R20 ICEM shape design solution provides the full ICEM capabilities augmented with the V5 values: Associativity, Capture and Reuse, Know How capitalization and Business Process workflow integration.
* CATIA V5R20 delivers top requirement for the aerospace industry by promoting openness and collaboration for STEP Interface: It advances large assembly archiving with nested assembly support and will include full composite data and FT&A in the standard STEP format. This enables long-term archiving of this data, as well as improves data exchange between different CAD formats.
* CATIA V5R20 fully addresses powertrain processes. Functional modeling allows users to design components such as oil pans, gear boxes, or motor brackets up to 40% faster than the competition. It also enables extended collaboration on complex components designed simultaneously by multiple users.
V5R20 Accelerates Realistic Simulation:
* SIMULIA Inside V5 for Enhanced Analysis: SIMULIA Extended Analysis allows V5 users, including designers, to simulate real-world nonlinear or thermal behavior of their products with proven Abaqus FEA technology.
o Nonlinear analysis capabilities now allow users to accurately simulate large displacements, complex contact interactions, and highly deformable materials such as rubber and plastic.
o Integrated thermal analysis functionality enables V5 users to improve product performance by analyzing the effect of temperature distribution in parts or assemblies, such as electronic circuit boards, automotive engines, or consumer appliances such as stove-tops.
* Rule Based Meshing: This new product enables V5 analysis users to capture their knowledge and define meshing rules to automate the creation of high quality surface meshes. Other V5 users can then select their target simulation application such as noise and vibration, durability, or crash, and have a mesh created automatically, accounting for element quality and geometric features such as holes and fillets. This results in greater efficiency, improved mesh consistency, and greater confidence in simulation accuracy.
* Improved Analysis of Composite Materials: V5 analysis capabilities enable users to simulate the structural integrity of composite layups defined in CATIA Composite Design (CPD). Improvements in simulation post-processing capabilities enable ply-per-ply post-processing of analysis results using ply names.
V5R20 Improves Digital Manufacturing and Production:
* Enhanced DELMIA Work Instruction Composer: The easy to use Work Instruction Composer application enabling configured shop floor Instruction authoring has been enhanced to support, among many additions, advanced synchronization of work instruction changes to design changes, multi-view support for operations and support for data collection, buy off and change notification operations resulting in a more efficient and complete coverage of this key A&D business process.
* Extended NC Milling Operations: New finishing and high-speed milling operations reduce machining programming time, tool path execution time and tool wear. These enhancements to the already robust V5 machining solutions help the machine shop both plan and produce faster, with better quality and less cost.
* Robotics Process Coverage: V5R20‘s painting package, developed in close collaboration with our partner CENIT, extends robotics programming, simulation and offline programming of DELMIA solutions in the paint domain. The rich robot library of DELMIA is also enhanced in V5R20 with new additions to support more accurate realistic robot simulations.
V5R20 Enriches Collaborative Innovation:
* Enhanced CAD integrations: New integrations, including support for SolidWorks 2009, Solid Edge v21, Inventor 2010, and AutoCAD/Autodesk Mechanical 2010, extend ENOVIA SmarTeam’s openness and enhance design collaboration.
* Real time production environment monitoring: Accelerates deployment of ENOVIA SmarTeam implementations and optimizes maintenance & support.
* Improved configuration and change management: Multiple ENOVIA VPM enhancements enable smarter, more knowledgeable engineering decisions.
* Seamless replication and reconciliation automation, flexibility and security: Simplifying collaboration with the extended enterprise and supply chain when using ENOVIA VPM.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets