PASADENA, Calif - Central Desktop today announced a comprehensive update to its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) social technology platform, Central Desktop 2.0. With this new version, Central Desktop delivers a radically improved customer experience with a redesigned, intuitive user interface, and introduces several new features including a powerful online file viewing enhancement. Central Desktop 2.0 represents the company’s commitment to delivering the industry’s most complete and innovative social technology platform for businesses.
“In order to have collaboration success, businesses need to focus on people, process and technology simultaneously,” said David Coleman, Managing Director of industry analyst firm Collaborative Strategies. “Central Desktop understands the importance of people in this equation and has built a platform that allows people to better connect and collaborate with each other. Central Desktop 2.0 delivers more functionality that will make it even easier for people to work together effectively.”
The new features of Central Desktop 2.0 include:
* New User Interface – Based on usability studies and direct feedback from hundreds of customers, Central Desktop’s user interface was completely redesigned to provide a more intuitive, user-friendly experience that accelerates time to value and encourages user engagement. The new layout includes a workspace creation wizard, workspace templating, new drop down menus, customizable tabs and configurable settings.
* Online File Viewer – The expanded file preview feature supports more than 200 different file types including Microsoft Office files, PDFs, JPEGs, TIFs, CAD files and Adobe Photoshop files. View files instantly within Central Desktop’s environment, eliminating the need to install licensed software that is typically required to open some file types. All files are also accompanied by a thumbnail image for an at-a-glance immediate preview and the ability to comment on files without having to download them to the desktop.
* Improved Wiki Navigation – With Central Desktop 2.0’s one-click wiki page creation and page navigation enhancements, organizing online documents has never been easier. Wiki pages can be rearranged by simply dragging and dropping pages within a wiki tree, giving a hierarchical structure to ordinarily flat wiki pages.
* PDF Creator – Conveniently convert, download and share any file type - including images - as a PDF with a single click directly from Central Desktop.
* Internal Blogs and Forums – With a new interface and friendlier layout, Central Desktop 2.0’s forum and blog feature brings community and internal communication tools under one umbrella. A corporate blog, project blog or discussion forum can be created in seconds and used to share thoughts, make announcements or capture the evolution of ideas and projects.
* Page Favorites – Frequently visited pages or files can be easily marked as favorites for quicker access.
* Avatars – Central Desktop 2.0 uses avatars consistently throughout the platform to identify users and accompany their recent activity. An avatar can easily be created by uploading and cropping a picture online, within Central Desktop. A profile bubble with contact information is also displayed when hovering over any avatar.
“Central Desktop is a solid document management and project collaboration tool that has supported the global expansion of The Search Agency,” said Grant Simmons, Director of Project Management at search engine marketing firm The Search Agency. “With more than 150 people collaborating over three continents to provide integrated online marketing services to clients worldwide, managing workflow had become a challenge. The new interface, with its intuitive workspace navigation and simple overview screens, will allow us to streamline our project management workflow and provide ‘The Search Agents’ with the organizational tools necessary to expand our client services and contribute to our continued success.”
“Our top priority is creating a collaboration solution that balances utility with usability to increase user adoption for our customers,” said Isaac Garcia, CEO and co-founder of Central Desktop. “Central Desktop 2.0 is a major upgrade to our platform that paves the way for accelerated product developments later this year. Going forward, we will continue to build on our 2.0 platform to create turn-key, customizable solutions that target specific industries and customer segments.”
Central Desktop 2.0 is now available with plans starting at $25/month. Existing Central Desktop customers have automatically been upgraded to Central Desktop 2.0.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets