ROCK HILL, South Carolina - 3D Systems Corporation announced today that American Precision Prototyping (APP) has added a dual-vat iPro™ 9000 SLA® System to its existing fleet of 3D Systems’ large-part manufacturing systems. APP is a 3Dproparts™ Preferred Channel Partner in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The iPro™ family of SLA® systems affords customers the ability to make high-quality, durable, end-use parts with exceptional surface finishes. This next generation of SLA® systems is specifically designed to economically mass produce reliable, proven parts that rival the precision of CNC machined parts. The iPro™ system produces not only ready-to-use large parts but also finely detailed small parts. With a dual-vat feature, iPro™ systems can produce parts from two different materials, simultaneously improving the economics and productivity of the system while providing the production capacity to accommodate the most time-sensitive projects.
“We are very excited to have placed another iPro™ 9000 SLA® System at APP,” said Jason Dickman, APP’s president. “Because of the dual-vat feature, it’s like having two state-of-the-art systems for the price of one. The iPro™ contains all the desired features that make running SLA® systems more efficient, more economical and easier to process. This machine is yet another fine example of excellent engineering from 3D Systems.”
“3D Systems’ iPro™ technology truly represents the next generation in additive manufacturing,” stated Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems Corporation. “Adding another dual-vat iPro™ to its growing fleet enables APP to truly differentiate itself as a leading service provider and member of our growing 3Dproparts™ service network. The combination of in-house capacity expansion and access to our entire 3Dproparts™ portfolio of parts solutions empowers APP to offer its customers the best parts solutions available today. Our long-standing relationship with industry pioneers like APP underscores our commitment to innovation and customer success,” concluded Reichental.
3D Systems launched 3Dproparts™, the world’s largest Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing parts service, in 2009. Since then it has expanded the 3Dproparts™ service to an ever increasing customer base through the addition of Preferred Channel Partners like APP. 3D Systems plans to continue to extend its 3Dproparts™ service offerings by bringing together the widest range of production and additive grade materials and the latest additive and traditional manufacturing systems to offer its customers the broadest available array of precision plastic and metal parts and finished assemblies.
Feb 9, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets