Darmstadt - As from January 2010, working with OpenDXM® GlobalX, PROSTEP AG’s successful data exchange portal, will be even easier and more versatile. The new version 6.2 offers a large number of new and improved functions from which both users and administrators profit.
One highlight is OpenDXM® GlobalX’s new multi-client administrative interface. It is easy to use and allows external persons to perform limited administration of user accounts. This means, for example, that a supplier’s employees can maintain the own company’s user accounts themselves.
The administration of access authorizations is now also easier and more convenient to use. New authentication tickets can be defined as being valid only once and can be given a limited validity period. OpenDXM® GlobalX then automatically takes care of generating and distributing new authentication data.
Another new feature informs administrators, via e-mail, of all maintenance-relevant events such as the imminent expiration dates for user accounts, passwords and keys, thus allowing them to maintain the up-to-date overall view that they need to ensure smooth operation even more easily. In addition, they can also define a “message of the day”, which is displayed as soon as a user logs on to his or her “homepage” and which can be used to provide information about upcoming maintenance intervals, system upgrades and other similar information.
The “OpenDXM® GlobalX homepage“ is a new feature for users, who can use it to gather and display the functions most important to them on a single page. The homepage can be accessed at any time with a single click. It can also be used, for example, to see which other users are currently logged on to the system.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets