Running from 4-6 February, Dental Forum 2010 in Paris is the ideal venue for dental professionals to view the latest innovations within their industry. Sescoi will be demonstrating its WorkNC®DENTAL automatic CAD/CAM software for the machining of prostheses on stand D85 and in collaboration with partners Dental Wings (Euromax), Willemin Macodel, Yenadent and Witech.
Using a complete and open solution from specialist partner suppliers, prosthetists can scan, model, program and machine crowns and bridges in zirconia, chrome cobalt or titanium, cost effectively. Sescoi, a key player in the Prodentic project aimed at developing technologically advanced methods of prosthesis manufacture and traceability, has created a highly automatic and easy to use dental CAD/CAM system that is well within the capabilities of dental technicians unfamiliar with CNC machining techniques.
In acknowledgement of the ground breaking potential of the WorkNC Dental software and the skill of the developers behind it, Sescoi has been classified as an innovative company by OSEO, an organization dedicated to providing technology transfer and financial support to small and medium sized businesses in France.
Within the automated programming provided by WorkNC®DENTAL, CAD data produced from a 3D scan is nested to optimize the utilization of the zirconia or hard metal blanks. Support pins are then defined to locate the caps and bridges during manufacture. Automated margin line definition makes it easy to define this crucial area of the prosthesis while cutting wizards tailored to suit each type of material produce optimized 5-axis toolpaths with just one click, including the automated drilling of compound angled holes for abutments.
High quality prosthetics produced by these methods can be manufactured quickly and accurately without specialist machining knowledge. With a combination of dental scanning and modeling, WorkNC®DENTAL CNC programming and the right dental milling machine, practitioners now have an easy and affordable way of providing digital prosthesis manufacture to their clients at a very competitive cost.
Jan 19, 2010
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri