Bangalore: Tata Elxsi has announced that its Automotive Centre of Excellence has achieved Automotive SPICE® Organizational Maturity Level 5 certification using the PATHFINDER™ scheme. This assessment includes certificate of assessment for Process capability and Organizational maturity. Tata Elxsi’s Automotive Center for Excellence, located in Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram, houses specialized teams of embedded Automotive design engineers and domain specialists offering services to Automotive OEMs and suppliers in India and across the world.
The Automotive Special Interest Group (SIG) is a joint special interest group of The SPICE User Group and The Procurement Forum and have launched the Automotive SPICE© initiative together with the major motor vehicle manufacturers to develop a common framework for the assessment of suppliers in the Automotive Industry. The result is the publication of the Automotive SPICE© Process Assessment Model together with the associated Process Reference Model. This assessment of Tata Elxsi’s Automotive Centre of Excellence was carried out by a team of assessors led by Mr. Alec Dorling, and a team of assessors from IMPRONOVA, Sweden and KPMG.
Announcing this important certification, Mr. Natarajan, Vice President – Automotive Practice, Tata Elxsi Limited, said, “Over the years, Tata Elxsi has transformed into a trusted partner of choice for automotive OEMs, Tier-1 suppliers, Semiconductor and Tool vendors. We are pleased to be certified by a global automotive body responsible for setting standards in the field of automotive design excellence. Automotive SPICE L5 certification provides ample testimony to our best in class process strengths, functional expertise, state-of-the-art infrastructure, ability to deliver stringent design reliability and talent pool for automotive engineering. We intend to scale up our focus in the automotive practice and will continue to deliver full service product development for our customers.”
Tata Elxsi has a dedicated Automotive practice with over a decade of experience in product development and engineering services for automotive companies. Tata Elxsi’s association with global giants in the automotive industry enables it to offer custom, full life cycle product R&D services to automobile manufacturers and component suppliers.
Tata Elxsi is a premium member of AUTOSAR and associate member of Flexray consortium, and fully conversant with open and standardized automotive software architecture and advanced automotive control applications. Tata Elxsi’s focus areas in automotive electronics include Green and Conventional Powertrain, Body Electronics, Safety, Security, Chassis, and In Vehicle Infotainment.
Dec 17, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets