Panaji, GOA – SYCODE has released CATIA V4 and V5 file import add-ins for SolidWorks. These add-ins give SolidWorks the ability to read CATIA V4 and V5 parts and assemblies without the need of a CATIA license.
"SolidWorks CEO Jeff Ray could not put it better when he recently said in an interview that SolidWorks customers are fed up with not being able to share data between CATIA and SolidWorks,” says Deelip Menezes, Founder and CEO of SYCODE. "As a SolidWorks Solution Partner, SYCODE has taken the initiative to offer a solution to this long standing problem. Using these add-ins SolidWorks users will now be able to open CATIA V4 and V5 parts and assemblies without needing a license of CATIA installed on the computer or network.”
These add-ins are powered by the widely used 3D InterOp technology from Spatial. 3D InterOp is the industry standard for proprietary and neutral CAD file format data exchange and is used in almost all the major CAD systems. Besides data exchange 3D InterOp also offers powerful repairing and healing features which are extensively used in these add-ins. Repairing involves checking the file for corrupted data and fixing invalid data. Healing corrects the differences in precision. The add-ins also create detailed log files which are extremely useful in identifying data translation problems and aid in locating and fixing errors.
The add-ins have been tested to work with the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit versions of SolidWorks and are available as a fully functional trials. They come with installers and detailed documentation in the form of compiled HTML help files which contains step-by-step tutorials to get end users started in the shortest possible time.
More information about the add-ins and free downloads can be found at the SYCODE web site:
* CATIA V4 Import for SolidWorks - http://www.sycode.com/products/catia_v4_import_sw/
* CATIA V5 Import for SolidWorks - http://www.sycode.com/products/catia_v5_import_sw/
CATIA V4 Import for SolidWorks can read CATIA V4 .model, .exp and .session files from CATIA version 4.1.9 to CATIA 4.2.4. Whereas CATIA V5 Import for SolidWorks can read CATIA V5 .CATPart, .CATProduct and .cgr files from CATIA V5 R2 to CATIA V5 R19. It is important to note that the CATIA V5 import add-in uses authentic CATIA V5 libraries from Dassault Systemés, thereby offering a quality of data translation which is second to none.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets