Moscow – Dassault Systemes and one of the leading enterprises in the Russian Space Industry JSC Information Satellite Systems (ISS) Reshetnev Company have announced today that they successfully implemented an integrated CATIA and ENOVIA solution improving the collaboration between key functions within the organization to speed the design of telecommunications and navigation satellites. This approach has also enabled ISS Reshetnev Company to expand its reach and to take advantage of opportunities in the international aerospace market.
Founded in 1959 the ISS Reshetnev Company has taken part in more than 40 space programs in communication, TV broadcasting, navigation, geodesy and research. More than 1,200 spacecraft have been manufactured at ISS Reshetnev Company which encompasses the management of the whole product lifecycle, from design to controlling the space craft while in orbit. Since 1993 the enterprise started to trial and use different CAD systems. In 2008, ISS Reshetnev Company launched a project of implementing Dassault Systémes solutions to design spacecraft structure components and onboard cable systems.
“After the successful completion of the DS PLM implementation in 2008 - 2009, our new strategic goal is to switch to the complete electronic definition of the spacecraft with all-round automation of business-processes and development cycles”, comments Sergey Gorokhov, Chief of CAD Department JSC ISS Reshetnev Company. “Dassault Systemes PLM-solutions give us the opportunity to design and manufacture spacecraft in the most cost efficient manner. Implementation of PLM solutions is a prerequisite for taking part in international aerospace projects and tendering for foreign contracts.”
CATIA has significantly facilitated data exchange among international suppliers and partners. It also has enabled ISS Reshetnev Company to design not only separate units, sets, and components, but the entire digital model of a spacecraft, including CNC programming. Engineers switched to the automotive data exchange technology using 3D annotation technology. 3D models are agreed through ENOVIA SmarTeam.
“The implementation of Dassault Systémes’ latest PLM-solutions for collaborative and sustainable innovation has already generated improvements in accordance to international quality standards, which enabled ISS Reshetnev Company to consolidate its hold on the global market of telecommunications and navigation spacecraft,” says Laurent Valroff, director, Russia & CIS, Dassault Systèmes.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio