Columbia, Maryland — Nemetschek North America has announced that Landru Design has released two new Vectorworks® software plug-ins: VideoScreen 4 and SoftGoods.
VideoScreen 4 is a suite of plug-in objects that enables users to insert 2D and 3D models of video devices (such as projection screens, plasma televisions, and CRT monitors) into Vectorworks drawings - complete with easily customizable screen images. Using the Vectorworks Object Info palette, video device formats and other parameters can be defined and changed on the fly. Screen sizes can be easily changed as projects evolve. VideoScreen 4 places projectors based on screen size and on projector lens rating, or gives lens estimates based on screen size and users' projector placement. The "Plus" version adds edge-blending and LED array capability.
The prices for the plug-ins are $40 USD for VideoScreen 4 Basic and $80 USD for VideoScreen 4 Plus. Upgrade pricing is available for users of previous VideoScreen versions.
SoftGoods is a plug-in object that allows users to insert models of straight and curved curtains and borders, as well as straight pipe-and-drape runs into Vectorworks drawings. Models can be resized on-the-fly using the Vectorworks Object Info palette or by dragging handles. This plug-in, priced at $20 USD, will also help users track part counts.
"We are excited to make these tools available," states C. Andrew Dunning, president of Landru Design, "as their features have been primarily user-driven—answering specific needs of lighting and scenic designers, event producers, AV companies, and architects. VideoScreen 4 is a significant update to an already powerful set of tools, adding more features and making them even easier to use. And, SoftGoods simplifies what is often a tedious part of event production."
Dec 8, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets