Montreal - ICAM Technologies Corporation has announced the signing of a Dealership Agreement with JBM of Japan - the leading Mastercam distributor and support center in the world. Under this agreement, JBM will sell, develop and support ICAM’s integrated NC post-processing and machining simulation products behind Mastercam to the local Japanese market.
Integrated post-processing and machining simulation is made possible with Virtual Machine® and CAM-POST® - ICAM’s machine tool simulator and NC post-processing development tool, respectively. This combination delivers an innovative simulation environment that provides Mastercam NC programmers with the means to test programs against collisions and over-travel, easily and automatically, during post-processing – a unique feature in the NC manufacturing industry.
Machining simulation sessions have been simplified with the launch of ICAM’s Mastercam Extractor featured inside the latest version of Virtual Machine. For machine model creation in Virtual Machine, Mastercam Extractor allows for the automatic data extraction of the tool, part, stock, fixtures and holders, as described in Mastercam X2, X3 and X4.
With ICAM’s release of dedicated products to the Mastercam market, Mastercam programmers can now benefit from NC manufacturing solutions ranging from standard 3-Axis Mill and Lathes to complex 5-Axis Mill and Mill / Turn applications from within Mastercam.
"Our customers require advanced and reliable post-processors as well as machining simulation," stated Taiji Sano, President and CEO of JBM. “What makes ICAM’s products so unique is that simulation can be done in real-time during post-processing; thereby, allowing programmers to check for collisions, over-travel, surface gouges and excess material, effectively and efficiently.”
“JBM is the world’s largest and most successful Mastercam reseller that employs a highly skilled technical staff with a reputation from being technology visionaries in the NC manufacturing market,” says John J. Nassr, President of ICAM. “JBM is the ideal partner to provide and support ICAM’s Integrated PSE solution to the local Japanese market.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio