Mumbai - Roush Industries, a leading automotive supplier, with a comprehensive portfolio of services has further optimized its machine tool operations using CAMWorks® 2009, an intuitive solid-based CAM solution from Geometric Limited.
Roush Industries serves an array of customers spanning automotive, aerospace, medical equipment, electronics and consumer goods industries. The range of services offered by Roush include motorsports management, product design, engineering, testing, prototype development, and manufacturing services. The company is required to process a diverse range of parts with widely varying lot sizes, lead times, and levels of complexity through its machining operations.
To maximize its investments in machine tools, Roush Industries decided to acquire a new CAM software program that could help optimize five-axis machining. After considering a number of options, the company opted for CAMWorks. With CAMWorks, Roush could program a job as one operation, or, as two operations and then merge the two programs together and run them as one. This feature, combined with the company's new hardware, has improved Roush's machining operations by as much as 73%.
Mr. Rob Mank, Job Planning Supervisor for Roush Industries said, "We consider ourselves a very technologically advanced operation, but the combination of the new machine tools coupled with CAMWorks 2009 has enabled us to take things to a whole new level in terms of speed, productivity and machining complexity. This has been groundbreaking for us."
CAMWorks, the first SolidWorks® certified Gold CAM product, and the first CAM solution to offer knowledge-based feature recognition and associative machining capabilities, helps eliminate the drudgery of CNC programming. The latest release of CAMWorks 2009 has over 100 new features and enhancements to machine faster and more accurately. This release also has significant advances in 3-axis functionality, new features and cutting strategies for 2 to 5 axis milling, turning and wire EDM. The combination of the latest innovations in CAMWorks 2009 and SolidWorks' excellence in design, have made CAMWorks the premier CAM solution for manufactures in the automotive, aerospace, electronics and medical industries.
Dec 1, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets