Paris – ESI Group announced today the release of its Sheet Metal Forming Simulation Suite Version 2009, including PAM-STAMP 2G and PAM-TUBE 2G. Dedicated to all engineers involved in the Sheet Metal Forming process, the main objective of the simulation suite is to significantly shorten time to market by allowing users to make fast decisions from an early stage of the design right through to production in a continuous improvement process and within a collaborative environment.
PAM-STAMP 2G, ESI’s complete and integrated streamlined stamping solution, covers the entire tooling process and provides a trade-oriented application for Automotive, Aerospace, and general Sheet Metal Forming applications.
While PAM-STAMP 2G Version 2009 keeps on improving the accuracy of the simulation with precise springback results and capabilities extension, this latest release includes several new process simulations, such as:
* Rollhemming, enabling the simulation of the real robotic roller movement;
* Superplastic forming;
* Buckling analysis for stamping process instability analysis.
In addition, as well as offering a number of optimization tools including Blank outline optimization, Trim line optimization and Die compensation which drastically reduce cost and time, PAM-STAMP 2G’s performance has been improved thanks to the set-up simplification through automatic tools, multi-layer material dedicated set-up and new post-process functionalities.
PAM-TUBE 2G Version 2009 also hosts a variety of enhancements based on users’ feedback from the last version, among which:
* Design of the pre-forming tools, providing the end-user with a more complete end-to-end solution for complicated hydroforming parts;
* Functionalities improvements and simplifications in Tubemaker, such as a true one-click solution for the addendum creation;
* Interactive creation of tailored tube as well as the subsequent simulation through all stages for bending and hydroforming to meet the growing demand for special parts with tailored material and/or thickness;
* Automated bending macro creator to simulate multi-stage processes;
* Support for 3 new variations of bending: stretch-, press- and freeform bending.
The Sheet Metal Forming Simulation Suite’s latest release thereby offers an accurate and realistic modeling tool for tube forming simulation, which includes an intuitive pre-processing module leading the user through process design in order to ensure better forming results.
“The most significant state-of-the-art physical parameters identified by PSA’s hemming specialists were integrated into PAM-STAMP 2G,” said Patrice Auger, R&D Manager for Assembly processes PSA-Peugeot-Citroën. “Validated through real-life industrial cases, this new tool has quickly become essential to guarantee successful product definition and process reliability.”
“The enhancements within PAM-STAMP 2G Version 2009 represent a significant advancement in the software’s modeling capabilities. The usage of simulation for predicting new industrial processes is also enlarged thanks to the set up focusing on real industrial data,” said Caroline Borot, Sheet Metal Forming Product Manager, ESI Group. “Those benefits, coupled with continuous improvements in our core strengths which are stamping accuracy and springback prediction, deliver great value to ESI’s customers”.
Dec 4, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets