CD-adapco and Access have announced the first public release of STAR-Cast, a new tool that revolutionizes industrial casting simulation. Developed in collaboration between a world leading provider of CAE technology and recognized international experts in casting and metallurgy, STAR-Cast brings unrivalled ease-of-use and automation to the simulation of casting processes, and introduces a new level of multi-disciplinary sophistication to simulation results.
Based around the advanced technology that powers CD-adapco’s leading CAE software tools STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CD, STAR-Cast provides a comprehensive process for multiphase casting simulation - liquid, solid and gaseous –including conjugate heat transfer, a sharp resolution of the filling front, free-surface fragmentation, motion of trapped gas bubbles in melt, natural convection in melt and gas.
“STAR-Cast is an entirely new concept in Casting Simulation that for the first time places industrial strength simulation technology in the hands of foundrymen, casting designers and tool makers,” says CD-adapco President Steve MacDonald. “The partnership between CD-adapco and ACCESS has resulted in a formidable tool that I sincerely believe will lead to unprecedented levels of innovation and cost-reduction in industrial casting.”
Access Managing Director Robert Guntlin says, “STAR-Cast is a best practice example for excellence in science demonstrated in application. The joint knowledge from CAE technologies, materials research and metal casting processes opens the door to a new realm of simulation technology in industrial casting”.
STAR-Cast is a true compelling engineering simulation solution for a broad range of casting processes:
+ Gravity Sand Casting
+ Gravity (tilting) Die Casting
+ Low pressure and Counter Pressure Casting
+ Centrifugal Casting
+ Continuous Casting
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets