ANDOVER, MA - Omnify Software today announced that Avid® has implemented the Omnify Empower PLM solution to streamline its product design and manufacturing processes. The company selected Omnify Software for its open integration platform and ability to cost-effectively scale to accommodate additional users. Avid is currently integrating Omnify with its SAP® application to automate data sharing across both applications.
Avid creates the technology that people use to create the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world. The company was looking for a way to improve product development efficiencies in order to maintain its high level of product quality, and simultaneously create a unified environment for its global product development teams to easily find and share product information in real-time.
After researching PLM vendors over a five-month period, Avid selected the Omnify Empower PLM solution for features such as integrated Engineering Change Order (ECO) processing, Bill of Material (BOM) processing and management, and document management. "Omnify Software provided the most cost-effective solution that met all of our needs for a PLM system," stated Peter Hagearty, director of quality and technology for Avid. "In addition, the fact that Omnify reaches out to the customer for new features and functionality made their solution the most appealing to Avid."
Integral to Avid's process improvement was the elimination of duplicate data entry into existing enterprise systems. Omnify's ability to easily integrate with the company's SAP application provided the solution Avid required. All new parts and ECOs are created and managed in Omnify and then automatically pushed to SAP, along with associated documentation and compliance information. In turn, cost data from SAP is automatically uploaded into Omnify for engineers to access early in the design cycle, helping them to make better design decisions.
"Creating a centralized location for product data is extremely important for customers that have global product development teams like Avid," stated Chuck Cimalore, chief technology officer for Omnify Software. "Omnify's PLM technology enables easy, yet secure access to product information for internal and external resources, and provides a more complete product record by managing data from engineering design to the manufacturing floor."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio