SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc has announced that it is ready to start shipping Autodesk Smoke 2010 for Mac OS X, a software-only editorial finishing tool and the first Autodesk finishing product designed to run on the Mac. Smoke software’s proven editorial finishing tools harness the 64-bit power of Snow Leopard to provide an interactive, all-in-one finishing experience.
“The business of post-production is evolving. Post-production and broadcast facilities alike are seeking more affordable, integrated creative tools that can help them stand out from the crowd,” said Stig Gruman, Autodesk vice president of digital entertainment. “Smoke 2010 on the Mac has been designed to help editors increase creative output, project quality and turnaround times. It brings production-proven finishing capabilities to the extremely talented community of artists already using the Mac in broadcast and post-production.”
“Snow Leopard is the world’s most advanced operating system, ideal for high performance applications like Smoke 2010,” said Ron Okamoto, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations. “We’re delighted that Autodesk is bringing its premier editorial finishing tool to creative professionals on the Mac.”
Autodesk Smoke helped define editorial finishing by combining the timeline workflow of a non-linear editor with advanced visual effects tools. Customers have used Smoke to help shape many high-profile television programs such as “House,” “NCIS,” “CSI: NY” and “Entourage” as well as popular Super Bowl commercials, including Coke Zero “Mean Troy” and Cash4Gold.com’s “One Up.” CCTV in China used Smoke to help create its 2008 Beijing Olympics packaging and promotions as well as for content production during the Games.
Autodesk Smoke 2010 for Mac OS X Feature Highlights
Since the software’s Inter BEE technology preview in Japan last month, the creative community has been anticipating the launch of this established editorial finishing offering for the Mac. As a software offering, Smoke easily integrates into existing Mac-based workflows using Final Cut Studio or Media Composer. Visit the Smoke on Mac website for hardware requirements. Top benefits are:
* An all-in-one toolset for editorial finishing: editing, conform, 2D and 3D titling, sophisticated color correction, image stabilization, precision tracking and keying, 2D and 3D compositing, paint, rotoscoping, retouch and design
* Autodesk Modular Keyer, Master Keyer and Colour Warper advanced image-processing technologies
* Ability to import entire timelines from Apple Final Cut Pro or Avid Media Composer using the AAF or XML format and even finish projects using Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD media used in creative cut
* Native support for popular files-based formats: QuickTime, Panasonic P2 HD and Sony XDCam files
* Support for uncompressed DPX, TIFF and OpenEXR workflows
Beta Tester Testimonials
“We started our business with Final Cut Pro and After Effects, but we’re always looking for new capabilities to enhance what those tools already do and to be more competitive. Smoke seamlessly integrated into our existing Mac workflow and allowed us to bring our creative work to an even higher level.”
—Michael Sandness, Colorist/Finishing Artist, Splice Here
“We have to do everything fast and cool. Since all the tools I need are in Smoke, I don’t lose any time going into other programs. There’s prestige working on a Smoke.”
—Valeria Petit, Motion Graphics Artist, Ottoblix
“We could quickly do editing, color correction and 3D visual effects in a single affordable application. If you want to create a project from A to Z with Smoke, now you can.”
—Charles Verret, Assistant Editor, Post Moderne
Pricing and Availability
Smoke 2010 for Mac OS X license is available at a suggested retail price of US$14,995*. Autodesk Subscription is available for purchase simultaneously with the product license for $1,995 SRP* per year. Autodesk’s Subscription program benefits include software extensions, version upgrades, product support as well as access to exclusive training materials. Smoke 2010 on Mac OS X is also available for a free** 30-day trial download.
* U.S. pricing only, International pricing may vary.
** Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement that accompanies the software.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets