PIETARSAARI, Finland– Siemens PLM Software today announced that Oy Nautor Ab, builder of the world-famous Swan sailing yachts, selected Teamcenter® software as its corporate-wide PLM solution and will deploy 60 seats when fully implemented. In addition Nautor has selected Siemens PLM Software’s NX™ software for yacht development. Siemens PLM Software will provide both software and services.
“With Siemens PLM Software we see an opportunity to invest in a new enterprise solution for yacht development and product lifecycle management that is fully integrated and will enhance our competitive edge and customer value and continue to help further our growth,” said Antti Ivaska, Technical Director, Nautor.
Teamcenter, the world’s most widely used PLM portfolio, enables Nautor to effectively collaborate by sharing design and product information within a single PLM solution. NX, Siemens PLM Software’s digital product development solution, will enable Nautor’s engineers to increase design efficiency, share design and innovation ideas and meet customer specific requirements more precisely and eliminate compromises in the engineering workflow.
“The selection of Teamcenter and NX as corporate-wide PLM solution by an industry-leading company like Nautor is a testament to Siemens PLM Software’s ability to develop best-in-class PLM technology,” said Mats Friberg, vice president and managing director, Nordic Operation, Siemens PLM Software. “We look forward to helping Nautor to enhance product development capabilities to meet the challenge of turning more ideas into successful products.”
“We are proud that a prestigious and famous Finish manufacturer of high-tech performance cruisers has selected Teamcenter and NX as its PLM platform,” said Tapio Juurakko, Managing Director at Ideal Product Data, Siemens PLM Software’s partner in Finland.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio