ROCK HILL, S.C- 3D Systems Corporation, a provider of 3-D Printing, Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing solutions, announced today that it acquired the assets of AdvaTech Manufacturing, a provider of rapid prototyping and manufacturing services to the aerospace and defense industries.
AdvaTech Manufacturing, based in Goodland, Indiana, is ISO 9001:2000 and AS9100B certified. James Butler, owner of AdvaTech, joined 3D Systems as director of its 3Dproparts(TM) Selective Laser Sintering Manufacturing operations.
3D Systems launched 3Dproparts(TM), the world's largest Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing parts service, on October 1, 2009. The company plans to continue to expand its 3Dproparts(TM) service offerings by bringing together the widest range of production and additive grade materials and the latest additive and traditional manufacturing systems to deliver to its customers the broadest available range of precision plastic and metal parts and assemblies. The acquisition of AdvaTech Manufacturing enhances 3Dproparts(TM) Selective Laser Sintering manufacturing capabilities and expands the company's reach into aerospace and defense production for commercial and military applications.
"We are pleased to add a reputable certified aerospace and defense manufacturer of AdvaTech's caliber to our expanding 3Dproparts(TM) service," said Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems. "Under Jim Butler's capable leadership, we intend to expand our Selective Laser Sintering manufacturing capacity and capabilities for the benefit of our aerospace and defense customers."
Nov 25, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets