Panaji, GOA – SYCODE has released an Autodesk Inventor file import plug-in for AutoCAD. The plug-in allows users to import Inventor part and assembly files into AutoCAD without the need of an Inventor license on the computer or network.
"We have been receiving requests from AutoCAD users wanting to import part and assembly files created in Autodesk Inventor,” explains Deelip Menezes, Founder and CEO of SYCODE. "Inventor already has the ability to exchange 3D data with AutoCAD via the AEC Exchange method. However, this method requires a license of Inventor in order to perform the conversion. In the event that an AutoCAD user gets an Inventor Part (IPT) or Assembly (IAM) file and does not have access to Inventor, there is no way to get the 3D data stored in the IPT or IAM file into AutoCAD. That is precisely when Inventor Import for AutoCAD will come in handy”.
Inventor Import for AutoCAD can read Inventor part IPT files from Inventor 6 to Inventor 2010 and assembly IAM files from Inventor 11 to Inventor 2010. The plug-in is powered by the widely used 3D InterOp technology from Spatial. 3D InterOp is the industry standard for proprietary CAD file format data exchange and is used in almost all the major CAD systems. Besides data exchange 3D InterOp also offers powerful repairing and healing features which are extensively used in Inventor Import for AutoCAD. Repairing involves checking the file for corrupted data and fixing the invalid data. Healing corrects the differences in precision. Inventor Import for AutoCAD also creates a detailed log file which is extremely useful in identifying data translation problems and aids in locating and fixing errors.
Inventor Import for AutoCAD works with AutoCAD 2000 through to AutoCAD 2010, 32 Bit as well as 64 Bit and is available as a fully functional trial. The plug-in comes with an installer and detailed documentation in the form of a compiled HTML help file which contains a step-by-step tutorial to get the end user started in the shortest possible time.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets