New York and London: Polling more than a 1000 downloads in its first few hours of release, CD-adapco today announced that STAR-CCM+ V4.06 is the fastest downloaded product in the company’s 30 year history.
“The popularity of the STAR-CCM+ V4.06 is a clear endorsement of four-monthly release strategy, and an indication of our rapidly growing user base,” boasts VP Product Development Jean-Claude Ercolanelli. “I encourage every STAR-CCM+ user that has not already upgraded to V4.06 to do so today.”
In the six years since its first release, STAR-CCM+ has evolved into more than just a CFD code, and is now an integrated platform for powerful multi-disciplinary engineering simulation, including: combustion; multiphase flow; heat transfer through solids and fluids; dynamic fluid body interaction; and solid stress: all from within a single environment. Principal new features of STAR-CCM+ V4.06 include models to simulate broadband aeroacoustic noise and aerodynamic flutter, together with a range of customer requested enhancements aimed at increasing both user productivity and simulation capability.
Ercolanelli does not expect that this record will be a long standing one, however: “STAR-CCM+ V5, which will be officially launched at the 2010 STAR European Conference, will represent a paradigm shift in engineering simulation, and looks set to be the most important software release in our company’s history. “
Nov 26, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio