Revolutionizes 3D structural steel modelling, analysis and design functionality within a SolidWorks environment.
Vilnius, Lithuania: SolidACE has announced the launch of the first commercial release of BuiltWorks 2010, a computer aided structural design and engineering software suite for use in the SolidWorks environment.
“With so many years of experience in structural engineering, we are excited to bring the benefits of the SolidWorks’ 3D modelling and design environment to our particular field of use with this great product.” commenting on the commercial launch of BuiltWorks said Dr. Vladimir Popov, the CEO of SolidACE, “Users will greatly benefit from the integrated workspace BuiltWorks provides in seamlessly combining various engineering analysis applications and industry standard drawing formats within the SolidWorks modelling environment. We are engineers proudly developing tools for our fellow engineers, based on our in depth knowledge and experience.”
BuiltWorks was developed to meet the Architectural, Engineering, Construction and Plant industries requirements for flexible and versatile tools, while being able to integrate with leading engineering analysis and design software. Customers throughout the structural engineering industry will benefit from the fully integrated workspace that BuiltWorks provides, particularly those who are familiar with the SolidWorks design environment. BuiltWorks provides intelligent modelling tools that facilitate the creation of a 3D parametric model of a steel structure under design. The use of both SolidWorks Weldment and BuiltWorks Structural members, either as Part or/and Assembly, seamlessly integrates solid physical model to leading analysis and design engineering application STAAD.Pro.
BuiltWorks also includes functions for component modelling using international standard libraries of steel shapes as well as connection detailing by setting relations like alignment, joining and cutting structural members at intersections and placing endplates. Drawing generation and calculated bills of quantities are fully available. Full SDNF import/export functionality allows for flexible and efficient workflow with third party Structural and Plant applications.
BuiltWorks 2010 will be ready for shipment immediately. Orders for BuiltWorks 2010 licenses and requests for evaluation are accepted via SolidACE web page.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets