Cambridge, UK — NCG CAM Solutions Ltd has announced that NCG CAM now supports SolidWorks® 2010 3D CAD software.
SolidWorks 2010 is focused on optimising core design functions so users can more quickly and intelligently achieve their goals. It also includes hundreds of new enhancements specifically requested by customers.
The new version of SolidWorks improves designers’ and engineers’ productivity with new capabilities like rapid dimensions, enhanced mirrored components, and heads-up mouse gesturing. These capabilities let designers and engineers work smarter and faster while minimising menu navigation.
NCG CAM HSM CAM software is an easy to use stand-alone CAM system that integrates with existing CAD and CAM systems, including SolidWorks. A SolidWorks SOLUTION PARTNER Product, NCG CAM allows users to open SolidWorks parts directly. NCG CAM detects when a SolidWorks file has been changed and the user can then update the toolpaths that have been generated in NCG CAM.
“Engineers don’t have time to worry about software complexity or the problem of integrating data between separate applications,” said Nick Iwaskow, SolidWorks Manager, Alliances. “Combining NCG CAM’s CAM capability with SolidWorks 2010 3D CAD enables engineers to focus on innovation, quality, and productivity instead of how to use the software.”
NCG CAM boasts many innovative features. It is suitable for all types of forms, creating an optimised, smooth cutter motion for 3D HSM machining, while helping to extend tool life, minimising wear on the machine tool and producing parts with excellent surface finish.
NCG CAM has a very user-friendly interface, with a typical learning curve of just 1 day required to machine a live job. It is perfect for the high-speed machining of moulds, dies, prototypes and precision surface machining.
Features Very user friendly interface – making it suitable for even occasional users NCG CAM offers many advanced 3D machining routines, rest roughing & 3 + 2 capabilities for all toolpaths, simultaneous 5-axis add-on module available Fast and efficient roughing strategies, including core roughing Advanced drilling routines – includes automatic hole detection and / or user defined holes All machining routines are fully gouge protected for both the cutter and the tool holder Rest area option for finishing strategies to minimise any air cutting
– Stand alone CAM software that is compatible with ANY other CAD package
– Extremely easy to use with just 1 day training required to machine a live job
– Ideal for shop-floor programming
– All post-processors are written in-house
– Powerful 3D machining
– Toolpaths optimised for HSM machining
• Increased efficiency
• Reduced wear on machine
• Extended tooling life
Nov 23, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio