Mumbai: Mahindra Satyam today announced its plans to collaborate with defence and security company Saab to develop its operations in India for the global defence and homeland security market.
Anand Mahindra, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Mahindra Group said , "This collaboration is a strategic step towards synergizing Mahindra Satyam's unique strengths in mission critical systems, ERP, engineering services, avionics and integration and Mahindra Systech's manufacturing capabilities and engineering excellence. This would leverage Saab's expertise in C4I programs, Network centric warfare and special IT systems."
C P Gumani said "Partnering with SAAB is a further reinforcement of Mahindra Satyam's commitment to collaborate with market leaders in different segments and this relationship will jump start our foray in mission critical areas of defense. Our commitment in the domestic market will be reaffirmed by this collaboration and also set the stage to enter uncharted territories in the global arena."
Mahindra Satyam and Saab have already initiated the setup of a Centre of Excellence for Network Centric Warfare (CoE - NCW), which will offer comprehensive skills and a repository of tools, systems, middle ware, integration platforms and system showcases in the field of NCW. This will be a development centre for mission critical applications and C41 (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) solutions for global opportunities accessible to either of the partners. The capabilities of the CoE shall also span in the area of homeland security where focus is planned on end to end security solutions. In the wake of Indian government's large investment plans on nationwide security, this CoE's homeland security expertise shall be targeted towards tapping this high potential market.
On this collaboration Ake Svensson, President and CEO for Saab said, "We view this relationship with Mahindra Satyam as a strategic meeting of two highly skilled teams believing in technical and engineering excellence."
One of the activities under this initiative is that Mahindra Satyam and Saab will jointly address the Battlefield Management system (BMS) for the Indian Army. The solution for BMS proposed by Saab, is field proven and deployed in many countries. Both parties intend to work together for Indian BMS program and explore globalization of artifacts co-developed. C P Gumani, CEO, Mahindra Satyam and Ake Svensson, also signed a Memorandum of Understanding in this regard.
Nov 3, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets