Leuven, Belgium – LMS, the engineering innovation company, has released the latest version of its integrated solution for 3D functional performance simulation: LMS Virtual.Lab Revision 9. A milestone release, the LMS Virtual.Lab Revision 9 software suite is filled with brand-new performance capabilities and breakthrough technology to ramp up engineering productivity, most notably with new BEM and FEM capabilities and a brand-new ray tracing solution in LMS Virtual.Lab Acoustics. Dedicated industrial application solutions found in LMS Virtual.Lab Motion have been significantly enhanced for improved usability as well, while the new thermal fatigue solution in LMS Virtual.Lab Durability and the MADYMO coupling safety feature in LMS Virtual.Lab Structures are clearly breakthrough solutions in their respective simulation markets.
“We are very excited about LMS Virtual.Lab Revision 9. Of course, it provides major advantages for all types of performance engineering in general, but I really must say, for the acoustics market, we kicked it up a notch. Not only did we massively broaden the suite’s FEM capabilities, but we also enhanced our unique BEM technology. These breakthrough developments show why we’re the acoustic simulation market leader,” stated Stefaan Goossens, Vice-President Simulation at LMS International.
In addition to the extensive work on LMS Virtual.Lab Acoustics, LMS Virtual.Lab Motion has been extended with key industrial applications for driving dynamics, aerospace, wind, powertrain noise & vibration, tracked vehicle and a superior 1D/3D co-simulation methodology for mechatronics system-level simulation.
Especially for thermal applications, LMS Virtual.Lab Durability’s new thermal fatigue feature helps engineers analyze the impact of changing temperatures on fatigue behavior to accurately evaluate fatigue on vital engine parts, exhaust systems and turbo chargers.
For the transportation safety market, the new coupling with MADYMO occupant safety software permits users to easily position MADYMO crash test dummies, and by integrating the MADYMO crash test dummy with the vehicle FE model, users can perform complete occupant safety simulations.
LMS customers with active service contracts are currently receiving their upgrades. LMS users interested in the latest version should contact their local LMS representative or see www.lmsintl.com/virtuallab-rev9 for more information.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets