Austin, TX -- Citius Corporation, the developer of KBMax, today announced their software integrates with Autodesk AutoCAD 2010 software. Manufacturers will use AutoCAD 2010 with KBMax to accelerate and improve engineer-to-order design and price quote processes. More efficient engineering and sales will lower costs and boost profits.
AutoCAD is one of the world's leading design and documentation platforms. AutoCAD 2010 includes hundreds of new features, notably improved PDF functionality and parametric constraints. Autodesk developed the 2010 version to provide the ultimate in engineering power and flexibility.
Citius combined Knowledge Based Engineering and Configurator applications to develop KBMax. This hybrid Knowledge Based Configurator (KBC) software automates all phases of the product design quote cycle. Repetitive manual tasks in design, production, and sales are all eliminated. The result lowers operational expenses while adding valuable time for companywide innovation.
Simple inputs into KBMax inputs automatically build product specific drawings and models in AutoCAD 2010. Those same inputs automatically link to the company knowledge base to produce instant bills of materials and price quotes. Engineering and sales departments use a seamless platform to meet customer requirements. Trial users integrating KBMax and AutoCAD 2010 software noticed reductions of 90% in engineer to order design and quote times.
“For 27 years, Autodesk has continued to bring new features and functionality to the AutoCAD platform, and together with partners like Citius, we’re helping drive engineering innovation,” said Jim Quanci, director, Autodesk Developer Network. “We hope the integration of KBMax with AutoCAD 2010 will help our users spend less time on current product customization and more time on new product development.”KBMax Logo
“Our KBMax configurator provides tremendous efficiency benefits to the AutoCAD community.” said Citius Chief Technical Officer Kevin Bennett. “A few clicks and data inputs into KBMax will design complex 2D models in minutes as opposed to days. Citius also made sure that KBMax enhances the new AutoCAD 2010 features, especially the parametric functionality.”
KBMax is a recognized Autodesk Partner Product and will be exhibiting at the 2009 Autodesk University in Las Vegas. Citius plans to integrate KBMax with Autodesk Inventor by the end of 2009.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio