New Out-of-the-Box Capabilities Drive Standardization, Quality Improvement and Cost Reduction.
LOWELL, Mass — Dassault Systèmes today unveiled a new initiative designed specifically to enable consumer packaged goods companies to increase overall organizational efficiency and cost management. Building on Dassault Systèmes’ industry-specific series of CPG Accelerators, the primary value of the Collaborative Business Processes Initiative for CPG is to accelerate innovation by promoting global standardization and re-use of intellectual property throughout the supply chain helping to generate global economies of scale, reduce cycle times and improve quality.
“With complex global business models and high volume product lines, we’ve identified greater standardization and a single version of the truth as mission critical elements for CPG companies to successfully drive innovation and overall organization efficiency,” said Rosemary Grabowski, vice president, CPG Market Development, Dassault Systèmes. “Building on our strong heritage in the CPG industry, we believe that this new innovation initiative will provide CPG companies with the additional organizational horsepower to explore new markets and take advantage of emerging opportunities.”
Organizations are able to realize a number of benefits from the initiative, including:
* Enabling global business operations and improve supply chain performance;
* Standardizing and streamline specification creation, management and use to maximize procurement power and enable significant cost reductions;
* Increasing productivity and efficiency by eliminating redundancies and accelerating time to completion;
* Ensuring validation of specification to optimize manufacturing preferences
* Maximizing the benefits of negotiated volume pricing on a global basis
* Assuring the promotion of repeatable best practices for specification request, design and approvals.
Nov 18, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio