Bangalore — The COMSOL Conference 2009 in Bangalore will take place on November 13-14 at the ITC Windsor Manor. This event kicks off a worldwide series of conferences dedicated to the latest developments in multiphysics modeling, simulation, and virtual prototyping.
A major highlight of this year’s event will be the unveiling of COMSOL Multiphysics® version 4.0. The lead developers and Svante Littmarck, President and CEO of COMSOL, will demonstrate the all-new user interface that's delivering a breakthrough in multiphysics simulation for mainstream product development.
An impressive lineup of leading industry professionals from such internationally known engineering and scientific organizations as IISc, GE Global Research and GM will deliver keynote addresses at the COMSOL Conference 2009 Bangalore. Among the speakers discussing how multiphysics technology has advanced their research dramatically are:
• Bhaskar Patham, PhD, General Motors, India who will talk about the use of COMSOL Multiphysics in problems of relevance to automotive material systems with a few examples.
• Raj C Thiagarajan, GE Global Research will discuss about multiphysics Design of Composite Materials.
• G. K Ananthasuresh PhD,Indian Institute of Science, India will discuss how to solve Multiphysics Topology Design Problems using COMSOL.
In addition to the keynote addresses, training sessions, and mini-courses, more than 30 engineers, scientists, and researchers from academia and industry will offer individual user presentations illustrating the application of COMSOL Multiphysics in their simulation projects. Presenters are drawn from a broad assortment of industries, engineering and scientific disciplines, and fields of study. Among the topics covered in the user presentations are bioengineering, chemical engineering, earth science, electromagnetics, and transport phenomena. Back again this year by popular demand is the poster session, where attendees meet and discuss multiphysics projects with the presenters then vote for their favorite presentation. A record number of presenters are expected to participate in this annual event.
A key element of the COMSOL conference is the wide range of training opportunities and mini-courses taught by COMSOL application engineers offered to attendees. Topics cover a breadth of interests including acoustics and vibration, chemical engineering, electrochemical engineering, heat transfer, MEMS and piezoelectric simulations, microfluidics, optimization, porous media flow, and RF & microwaves. Also throughout the conference venue, hands-on demo stations staffed by COMSOL experts showcase new products and offer attendees on-the-fly insights and help with their multiphysics simulations.
Additional elements of the COMSOL Conference include an exhibition area for partner products and services, daily networking events, and a banquet dinner honoring the best technical papers and posters as voted on by the program committee and conference attendees.
The COMSOL Conference is “one of the best conferences I have ever attended,” says Dr. William Clark, an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. “Compared to other conferences, I felt I got my money´s worth just from the outstanding plenary talks and the reception. Add to that the chance to hear and interact with other users doing exciting work in fields both similar and different from my own, and you have an outstanding conference. But on top of that, I was able to attend five hands-on mini-courses where I learned lots of new COMSOL tricks.”
The COMSOL Conference is sponsored by AltaSim Technologies, Microsoft, MatWeb, The MathWorks, World Scientific Publishing and Extencore.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio