Vancouver B.C - Aftercad Software has announced that it's Renderjam.com 3D collaboration service has been optimized for Google SketchUp users, offering an unprecedented level of freedom for projects that use 3D assets.
"As the next step in our Aftercad 3D Live market rollout, we have embraced Google SketchUp users as the heir apparent in 3D CAD work on the web. Google has done a terrific job with SketchUp and its rapid adoption across all areas of CAD and Design has made it a perfect tool to work with to introduce true 3D collaboration on the Web." said Chris Boothroyd, CEO of Aftercad. "Our goal to make 3D assets easily accessible for collaboration is now a powerful tool in any designer's tool belt. Now all projects that include SketchUp 3D assets can offer stakeholders equal access and the opportunity to participate."
SketchUp users can signup on Renderjam.com for free, create a workspace and start collaborating on 3D assets within minutes. The Renderjam service tracks all workspace activity and can issue a daily audit trail report of all changes made by participants. Most importantly, all project stakeholders including those who don't have SketchUp can easily see, manipulate and annotate the 3D project assets in the web browser and directly contribute to the project instead of having to wait for emails, look at still images or couriered paper rolls.
"This is a brand new development and once again, Aftercad is the first. This technology will open up new verticals of communication where individuals have easy access and interactivity with real time 3D from wherever they are. Coupled with the market momentum of Google SketchUp, this is an exciting development in the democratization of 3D." said Boothroyd.
Nov 12, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets