Gurgaon - “Concept to Consumer” is the theme of the new lab in the Institute of Apparel Management (IAM), which will train students and apparel industry professionals how to work digitally at every stage of the apparel production process.
Fitted with state-of-the-art software by Tukatech, this innovative learning environment is the first of a new breed of learning center. Students will begin their studies with expert instruction from IAM’s Tukatech-trained staff. They will cover ideation, story-boarding, pattern engineering, marker making and virtual prototyping, creating apparel collections that can be displayed as a runway show during final exams.
The “Fashion Innovation Lab” includes sophisticated software provided by Tukatech: students of the program will be trained on the 50 workstations with TUKAcad pattern making, grading and marker making suite, e-fit Simulator by TUKA, the successful 3D virtual prototyping, design and fit verification software, and TUKAstudio, for fabric and print design, colorways, repeats and storyboarding.
When asked about the “Concept to Consumer” theme, Mr. Ram Sareen, CEO of Tukatech, said, “India has a great pool of designers with International flair for fashion and hundreds of Fashion schools teach with CAD systems but IAM is the first to offer a 100% DIGITAL lab from Concept to Consumer.
The process will give users quick ideas, instant feedback of their fit and look, thus making IAM students far more competitive at zero investment of resources.”
Tukatech founder Ram Sareenand IAM CEO Dr. Darlie Koshy co-signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio