HOUSTON - COADE, Inc. and Dimensional Solutions, Inc. announced at the 2009 COADE User Conference tighter collaboration between Foundation3D from Dimensional Solutions and COADE PV Elite. During the conference, Dimensional Solutions also introduced improved model creation in its products Foundation 3D and Mat3D, enabling more accurate and complete underground mat foundation models that can subsequently be brought into the AutoCAD environment to allow COADE CADWorx Plant Design Suite users to design optimal underground designs specifically with regards to clash detection between foundations and underground systems.
Both Foundation3D and Mat3D require a minimum of effort to create spread, combined and/or mat/pile cap analysis and design of soil or pile supported foundations. Foundation 3D is ideally suited for the design of foundation supports for equipment such as vessels, towers and exchangers designed using COADE PV Elite. It interfaces with PV Elite to obtain accurate weights for operating, empty, test conditions, shear forces and moments from both wind and seismic loads, equipment geometry and anchor bolt information so that a civil/structural engineer can focus on completing foundation design quickly and accurately.
Mat3D is a comprehensive tool that quickly creates soil or pile supported multi-load point mat foundation designs. It produces accurate output in a matter of minutes, thereby delivering significant productivity gains in completing mat foundation designs. Because of this accuracy and speed, these foundations are available much more quickly in the design process, directly benefitting plant, piping, electrical and utility designers who are producing underground systems, such as would be the case with users of the COADE Plant Design Suite.
“We have been working closely with Dimensional Solutions for many years,” said Scott Mayeux, COADE’s Director Software Development, Pressure Vessel & Exchanger Solutions, “and we have always been impressed with their dedication to delivering a quality product with measurable value to users of COADE's products.”
Oct 6, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio