3D InterOp Provides Engineering Applications with Useable 3D Models.
BROOMFIELD, Colo: Spatial Corp., a provider of 3D development components for design, manufacturing and engineering applications, today announced the addition of JT support to its 3D InterOp product line. JT is a 3D data format used for product visualization, collaboration, and CAD data exchange. 3D InterOp provides high-quality CAD translation for product development applications that require accurate, precise and fully-bounded 3D models. More than a data access tool, 3D InterOp provides data conversion into ACIS and Parasolid formats, and post-processing functions such as checking, healing and stitching to ensure model integrity for the receiving application.
“Spatial’s high-quality CAD translation is due to our deep knowledge of CAD data formats and geometry kernels. Successful CAD translation requires both to perform contextual data conversion and model repair,” commented Vivekan Iyengar, Spatial Product Manager. “Unlike data access tools whose purpose is for visualization, 3D InterOp provides data access, data conversion and post-processing to meet the needs of the most demanding engineering applications.”
3D InterOp provides out-of-the-box 3D CAD translations, performing the complete job of data import, conversion, and repair in the industry’s most popular CAD kernels. The resulting models are ready for use in engineering applications across the PLM spectrum. Development partners also benefit from Spatial maintaining compatibility with the latest CAD and industry standard versions and eliminating the partner’s cost of on-going translator support and maintenance.
Spatial’s JT support includes reading of Brep and assembly information. JT support expands Spatial’s list of supported 3D formats – ACIS®, Parasolid®, IGES, STEP, VDA, CATIA V5 and V4, Pro/ENGINEER®, NX™, SolidWorks® and Inventor®.
JT support is available as an ACIS-based reader with Per Seat licensing terms. JT is also included standard in the 3D InterOp ACIS Suite. The suite option provides a cost-effective way for application developers to provide a full suite of translators to their end-users.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio