Torcy, France: SIMPOE SAS, a developer specializing in plastic injection molding simulation solutions, announced today that it has signed a partner agreement with Siemens PLM Software, joining the program as a Software and Technology Partner.
The purpose of this partnership agreement is to develop seamless integration between Siemens PLM Software’s Solid Edge 3D CAD software and SIMPOE Plastic Injection Simulation solutions. This Solid Edge plug-in will be named SimpoEdge®, and is expected to be available by the end of 2009.
"This partnership agreement represents another major milestone in the implementation of our strategy to make Plastic Injection Simulation more widely available. With SimpoEdge, we will offer the Solid Edge community a fully integrated and complete plastic injection simulation solution. Solid Edge users will soon be able to simulate the complete product manufacturing process, from filling to warpage, without leaving their familiar graphic environment. In addition, SimpoeEdge represents a new opportunity for Solid Edge Value Added Resellers to expand their product offering," said Alain Dubois, SIMPOE’s President & CEO
“Siemens PLM Software welcomes SIMPOE SAS as one of the newest members of our Partner Program,” said Kris Kasprzak, Director, Solid Edge Marketing, Siemens PLM Software. “By continuing to offer partner solutions such as SimpoeEdge to our Solid Edge customer base we further expand the business value we deliver to our user community.”
With SimpoEdge, plastic parts designers who are also Solid Edge users will be able to better design and optimize their products. The integration between Solid Edge and SimpoEdge will allow them to design the part, simulate its manufacturing, identify potential problems, modify the part and directly assess the impact of such modification, without leaving the Solid Edge graphic environment. The integration of SimpoEdge with Solid Edge will close the loop in the plastic part design optimization process.
The SimpoEdge software suite will include four plug-in modules for Solid Edge:
- SimpoEdge FILL, the base module, to simulate complete part filling. SimpoEdge FILL also includes SIMPOE powerful pre-and post processing technology, as well as the material data base of more than 5,000 plastic materials, which can also be customized with a few clicks.
- SimpoEdge PACK, for packing simulation.
- SimpoEdge COOL, for complete thermal exchange regulation. Cooling channels libraries can be directly imported from the Solid Edge geometry.
- SimpoEdge WARP, which simulates the complete part deformation due to warpage and material shrinkage
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets