NEEDHAM, MA -PTC today announced the launch of CoCreate® 16.5, the latest release of its explicit modeling software. CoCreate 16.5 is integrated with a wide range of key solutions comprising the PTC® Product Development System (PDS). With this release, PTC further expands value for customers by allowing CoCreate users to benefit from the industry's broadest and best product development system.
With CoCreate 16.5, CoCreate customers can now derive even greater value from their models and drawings through enterprise viewing and visualization, automated technical illustration creation, powerful tools for engineering calculations, advanced simulation capabilities, enterprise PLM, and more effective collaboration with teams using Pro/ENGINEER®. The CoCreate family of products is integrated with ProductViewTM, Arbortext® IsoDraw®, Mathcad® and Pro/ENGINEER®. Companies using CoCreate DraftingTM can use the new Windchill® Workgroup Manager for CoCreate Drafting for all the benefits of enterprise PLM in a 2D environment. PTC is also introducing CoCreate Advanced Mechanica® for simulation experts.
Value for CoCreate 16.5 users includes:
* Enterprise Viewing - ProductView allows anyone in the enterprise to leverage the value of CoCreate models through viewing, visualization, markup and interaction with CoCreate data.
* Technical Illustrations - Arbortext IsoDraw helps companies automate the process of creating and updating high-quality technical illustrations and animations directly from their CoCreate models.
* Engineering Calculations - Mathcad helps companies easily create and document engineering-critical values for their CoCreate models, and capture the intellectual property surrounding engineering calculations.
* Production Machining - Users can leverage Pro/ENGINEER NC and Tooling Solutions to create simple to complex machining tool path programs from CoCreate part data. Changes made to the CAD model can be made associatively and propagated to downstream NC deliverables.
* Effective Interoperability with Pro/ENGINEER - Extended teams benefit from seamless collaboration by publishing their models from CoCreate Modeling 16.5 to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 or later.
* Enterprise PLM for CoCreate Drafting - The Windchill Workgroup Manager for CoCreate Drafting enables companies to optimize product development processes including gaining greater control over their CoCreate drawings.
* New Solution for Advanced Simulation: CoCreate Advanced Mechanica helps companies by providing extended simulation capabilities for very complex, real-life scenarios and simulation requirements and significantly improves verification and validation processes well beyond the capabilities of CoCreate FE Analysis.
"Our innovative new product is first-to-market, but that market is comprised of many different hospitals and facilities-each having a specific set of requirements," said Joe Livengood, CEO of Livengood, makers of mobile healthcare devices. "With CoCreate 16.5 working with PTC's best-in-class product development system, companies like ours will more easily meet those individual customer requirements and get better products to market faster. This newest release underscores PTC's commitment to providing true value to its customers. We think it's sensational that CoCreate is now so tightly integrated into the PTC PDS."
"PTC is committed to further developing and enhancing the explicit modeling approach," said Brian Shepherd, executive vice president, product development, PTC. "We have extended value to customers by tightly integrating CoCreate solutions into the PTC Product Development System. Use of the broadened PTC portfolio helps companies better achieve their goals to design and deliver the best products faster. PTC is already working on the next CoCreate release, planned for Spring, 2010.* CoCreate 17.0 will offer innovative new features, supporting PTC's technology leadership position and further distancing other explicit modeling contenders."
Oct 19, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio