TUCSON, Ariz - Breault Research Organization (BRO) has released a new version of the company's Advanced Systems Analysis Program (ASAP®). The ASAP 2009 V2R1 release adds significant capability to the program well known to the optics industry as the most sophisticated tool available for virtual prototyping of optical systems and devices.
Industry applications for ASAP include automotive, architectural and specialty illumination design, simulation of laser systems and other coherent devices, stray light analysis of telescopes and space-based imaging systems, display modeling, complete biomedical system modeling, micro-optical device modeling, and others.
New features and enhancements in ASAP 2009 V2R1 include improvements in CAD interoperability, Light Source Library enhancements and additions, improved scatter models, new options for defining media, and dozens of other software repairs and enhancements.
ASAP 2009 V2R1 Features and Enhancements
* Geometry Conditioner - ASAP now allows the geometric prescription from IGES, CATPart, or GTX files to be modeled as exact Bézier patches without the need for pre-conditioning of the CAD files. In addition, a new "Rebuild Surface" feature lets users convert these same file types to Bézier patches of any order with user-defined tolerances, which can help to preserve and optimize raytracing speed.
* CATIA V5 r19 Interoperability - The optional CATIA Module allows ASAP users to open native CATIA files from within ASAP, and may be added to ASAP or ASAP PRO. Effective with the ASAP 2009 V2R1 release, users may open native CATIA files in the CATIA V5 r13 through r19 releases.
* Light Source Library Wizard Enhancements - The Light Source Library Wizard has been expanded to allow for simpler creation of single-wavelength sources. This simplifies the generation of ray sets when only one wavelength is required. Additionally, the Wizard's data fields now autofill with specified source information.
* Light Source Library Additions - Several of BRO's source models have been improved, and new Philips' filament sources as well as the D3 and D4 arc sources have been added.
* Scatter Model Enhancements - BRO uses an in-house scatterometer capable of taking BSDF measurements. BRO has measured over 50 popular textured surfaces and normalized the data collected to Spectralon(r) reference samples. This data has been fitted to single and in some cases double Harvey BSDF models, and is now included in the "Scatter" section of the ASAP Quick Start Menu.
* MEDIA Command Enhancements - The MEDIA command in the ASAP Script Editor now accepts direct input of Sellmeier, Herzberger, Conrady, and Schott coefficients. Most references provide dispersion formulas for materials, and with this expanded command flexibility users now have a number of options for defining material index of refraction over a specified wavelength range.
* Software Repairs and Enhancements - BRO's software development process extends beyond company walls. Acting on feedback received from ASAP users, this release includes repairs and enhancements for over 50 issues reported by customers.
Together, these features and enhancements set a new standard for optical software capabilities available to optical engineers and designers.
ASAP users in 35 countries model and analyze the finest details of optical systems, and depend on their simulations to mirror real-world performance. ASAP analyses validate designs and support smooth transitions to manufacturing.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio