New Material Simulates Parts Traditionally Made Out of Rubber; Moves Products to Market Faster.
Rehovot, Israel – Objet Geometries today released the TangoBlackPlus, a new material that allows designers and manufacturers to create high-quality parts that more closely resemble a broad range of rubber products. The material allows for a shorter finishing process, empowering users to accelerate time-to-market.
TangoBlackPlus , expands Objet’s breakthrough Tango family of materials, the only full offering of materials with rubber-like characteristics – outstanding flexibility and durability, exceptional elongation at break, and high resistance to tear.
TangoBlackPlus builds on the same combination of mechanical properties in Objet’s revolutionary TangoPlus, FullCure930, which set a new standard in rubber-like performance when it was released in 2007. Black in color, it reduces the time required to create models of such items as products in the automotive market, defense industry and shoes, which designers previously painted black after printing. Like other Tango materials, it will also aid the development of soft-touch grips, handles, gaskets and seals, among other items.
“TangoBlackPlus was created to fill a need among Objet customers, and represents our full commitment to their long-term success” said David Reis, CEO of Objet Geometries, and added: “By offering companies the added benefit of simulating the look, feel and function of rubber products, we are offering them the ability to move products to market faster”.
TangoBlackPlus that can be ordered under the FullCure 980 catalogue number is supported by the Eden, professional line of 3D printing systems, (Eden260V, Eden350, Eden350V, Eden500V), and the Connex family, the only multi material family of 3D printers capable of printing multi-material, multi-part designs.
Objet is simultaneously launching a breakthrough new digital material pack for the Connex family that is based on TangoBlackPlus. This pack will enable printing of parts more suitable than ever for product-design testing.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets