Mumbai: Tata Consultancy Services today announced that N Chandrasekaran has assumed the role as chief executive officer and managing director. Mr Chandrasekaran, previously chief operating officer and executive director, takes over from S Ramadorai who is stepping down from the executive role to take the position of non-executive vice chairman.
Aman Mehta, independent director on the board of TCS said: “Chandra is extremely well equipped to take over the mantle from his illustrious predecessor, Ram. This has truly been a seamless transition process.”
Mr Chandrasekaran, CEO and MD, said: “I take over at a time when Mr Ramadorai has ensured a strong position for TCS as a $6 billion company and a global IT services powerhouse. With our strong customer base, full services offering, multi-domain capability, and presence across emerging markets, I believe that we are optimally positioned to take advantage of the opportunity in the global market,” said Mr Chandrasekaran.” He added: “It is important to drive excellence and growth through empowerment of our 140,000-strong employee base and value articulation for our global customers.”
Mr Ramadorai commented, “Over the last 13 years, we’ve seen a tremendous transformation and growth not only in TCS but across the Indian IT services industry as a whole. I wish Chandra the very best, I am sure he will steer TCS to its next level of development and growth.”
Mr Ramadorai is retiring from his executive position after 13 years as CEO, upon reaching the retirement age of 65 years as per the company’s governance policy. He will remain involved in the company as a non-executive vice chairman and a member of the board of directors.
Oct 6, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri