Marietta, Georgia: Lectra and Eastman have announced that they have settled the pending patent infringement action brought by Lectra against Eastman and its distributor, Sewn Products, in October 2008, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. The claims and counterclaims in the action are being dismissed with prejudice.
In the settlement, Eastman has acknowledged the validity of Lectra’s involved patent, U.S. Patent No. 5,867,392, and, while not admitting infringement of the patent, Eastman has agreed not to use Lectra’ s “Eclipse” feature in Eastman’s future conveyorized cutting systems. The parties agreed not to disclose the other terms of the settlement.
Oct 23, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets