Portland - The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC) announced today the release of IntelliCAD 6.6, supporting newly released ITC member products with advanced graphics technology and quality enhancements.
The ITC is a unique organization whose member companies jointly contribute to the development of the IntelliCAD CAD platform. During the research and development of the new IntelliCAD release 6.6, development teams from several ITC members cooperated to design the new high performance algorithms that boost the efficiency of all member products.
"Our customers are creating and editing larger and more complex drawings." said David Carlson of Carlson Software. "In response, our engineering team worked with customers to identify and remove performance bottlenecks encountered with large IntelliCAD drawings. These improvements are built into the new Carlson 2010 release. In addition, since the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium is an open source community we were able to integrate it into the IntelliCAD R6.6 code in such a way that the products of other ITC members will benefit from this effort. This sharing of resources between members makes a lot of sense from our perspective."
When asked about this latest release, David Lorenzo, ITC Development Director, commented, "The IntelliCAD 6.6 release provides a major improvement in quality through new error reporting tools and technology we have been building over the past few years. These error reporting tools have been revolutionary in enabling us to more quickly respond to customer issues."
ITC members worldwide have been swift in integrating the new IntelliCAD 6.6 into their products. "We developed the new YellowCAD product on IntelliCAD as a professional alternative to AutoCAD LT ® for all generic 2D/3D applications," stated Jean Denis Heymann, Sales Manager at YellowCAD. "We believe that the price of technology should no longer be an obstacle to designers and draftsmen."
Customers making the switch from other CAD systems to IntelliCAD have benefitted from the new release. "For nearly 25 years, our customers have depended on MicroSurvey products to compute and draft their surveying and engineering projects," stated Darcy Detlor, CEO of Microsurvey Software, Inc. "In 2004, MicroSurvey switched to the IntelliCAD platform and today is delivering MicroSurvey CAD 2010 based on IntelliCAD R6.6. Release 6.6 represents the fastest and most reliable IntelliCAD platform yet and our customers are benefitting directly from the increased performance in reading, creating and viewing DWG drawings."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets