Mumbai: Geometric Ltd.today announced its Q2 results for FY 200910. The company registered a PAT of Rs. 102.36 Mn, an increase of 210% Y-o-Y and 22.6% Q-o-Q and added 12 new customers this quarter. It improved EBITDA from Rs 186.60 Mn last quarter and Rs 169.47 Mn same quarter last year to Rs 197.13 Mn this quarter, an increase of 5.65% and 16.32% respectively
A continued focus on improving operational efficiencies, especially through higher offshore leverage and better utilization, helped Geometric increase profits inspite of even revenues this quarter.
Geometric recorded operating revenues of Rs. 1281.93 Mn (USD 26.54 Mn) this quarter, as compared to Rs. 1293.23 Mn (USD 26.61 Mn) in Q1. The Profit after Tax (prior to extraordinary items) more than doubled this quarter to Rs. 100.29 Mn from Rs. 47.16 Mn in Q2 FY09; a q-o-q rise of 17.7% from Rs. 85.23 in Q1 FY 10.
Announcing the results, Mr. Ravishankar G., Managing Director & CEO said, "Geometric has been able to record an increase in profits despite a marginal decline in revenues from last quarter through its focus on delivering value to its customers and driving higher operational efficiencies. The marginal decline in our revenues can be attributed to ramp downs in some projects coupled with delays in closures of some contracts. While markets continue to be cautious in their spending, companies are looking at opportunities to drive cost efficiencies through outsourcing. "
The Company added 12 new customers during Q2. At the end of the quarter, Geometric had 101 active customers, who includes 17 million dollar plus customers. Some of the significant wins this quarter include:
A multi-year product development contract from a major industrial OEM
An engagement for PLM application development for a global Auto major
A PLM integration and customization engagement with an ISV to service an end customer in the medical devices vertical
A product design and engineering contract from an Industrial major
An engagement with an Industrial OEM for PLM support
An interoperability solution contract for a large automotive OEM
A DFMPro customization order from a leading Japanese hardware company
Other important business highlights for the quarter include:
Opening of a new delivery center in Hyderabad, increasing Geometric's footprint in India to a fifth location. This takes the tally of Geometric's global delivery centers to 11.
Launch of 3DPaintBrush version 2.0 with a number of new features including support for Google SketchUp 7.0
Release of NestLib 2009 R2 with new features for the wood working industry
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets