A Data Integrity Tool to Automate Pro/ENGINEER® Drawing Validation during a Migration or Upgrade to Windchill PDMLink®.
Minneapoli—Fishbowl Solutions, Inc, a software, services and consulting company delivering solutions for the PTC® Product Development System (PDS), has released HPGL Compare as an add-on to linkTuner, an out-of-the-box solution for PTC Windchill PDMLink® and Pro/INTRALINK®.
When companies upgrade to new versions of CAD and/or PDM/PLM software, some level of validation activities is best practice for ensuring that their Pro/ENGINEER data is accurate and the software still performs as intended. Validation is required for those companies looking to comply with certain FDA software validation policies, such as medical device companies. Because validation is often manual, it can take weeks or months to complete.
HPGL Compare addresses the challenge of validating Pro/ENGINEER drawings, ensuring they are an exact match before and after a migration or upgrade. If HPGL Compare finds inconsistencies, it provides a graphical report of the changes so engineers can focus their efforts. Automating this validation process saves companies time, money and helps to mitigate risk. HPGL Compare is an add-on to Fishbowl Solutions’ linkTuner, which helps companies test and validate Windchill PDMLink system performance.
With HPGL Compare a Minnesota-based medical device company migrating from Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 to Windchill PDMLink 9.1 was able to validate more than 4,000 of their Pro/ENGINEER drawings in one day, compared to the months and hundreds of man hours it would have taken to manually validate.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets