Dell Extends Client Portfolio with the Dell Precision T1500― the World’s First Workstation Built for AutoCAD―and the New OptiPlex 780 Adds Advanced Management.
Dell, has extended its partnership with Autodesk to deliver the first workstation built from the ground-up to take advantage of AutoCAD’s powerful 2D and 3D features. The entry-level Dell Precision T1500 is one of the company’s smallest single-socket workstations that offers customers an ideal 2D and 3D design solution for digital content creation, biosciences and CAD professionals and is certified for AutoCAD. Product highlights include:
* Choice of optional AMD ATI FirePro and AutoCAD-certified NVIDIA Quadro cards designed to deliver professional 2D and accurate 3D CAD model views and accelerated OpenGL performance.
* Available with the latest Intel Core i7 processors and chipset technology linked with fast 1333MHz DDR3 memory.
The Dell Precision T1500 workstation, tailored and designed for businesses of all sizes, is available starting today at prices from $949.
“Dell is introducing ground-breaking innovations that mark many industry firsts,” said Steve Lalla, vice president and general manager, Business Client Product Group, Dell, Inc. “We’re delivering robust solutions to solve real customer needs. We are committed to our core business and expanding our product line to meet the needs of our customers when they are ready to refresh or add to their existing infrastructure.”
Dell OptiPlex 780—Stability and Management
Organizations that demand versatile mainstream desktop computing and robust remote systems management will find a cost-effective solution in the new OptiPlex™ 780 desktops. The corporate desktop empowers IT managers in medium and large organizations with Intel vPro™ streamlined remote systems management, data and asset-security solutions with the kind of serviceability that helps keep staff productive.
The OptiPlex 780 offers a breadth of configuration options, so users can build a customized solution that works for their unique business needs including management, security and productivity. The OptiPlex 780 is available starting at prices from $544. More details are available at www.dell.com/optiplex.
Microsoft Windows 7— New OS Support & Migration Services
Dell has been working very closely with Microsoft during the development and testing of Windows 7 for the past 12 months. Dell has spent thousands of hours on hundreds of Dell systems to help ensure hardware compatibility. The company has made drivers available for commercial customers that are testing and certifying the operating system.
On Oct. 22, Dell will offer a comprehensive lineup of commercial laptops and desktops, including OptiPlex desktops, Latitude laptops and Dell Precision workstations, with Windows 7. In addition, Dell offers end-to-end solutions with a single point of contact for hardware, software, services and on-going support. With the pending launch of Windows 7, Dell ProConsult™, ProManage™ and ProSupport™4 services can help customers easily develop an OS migration strategy.
Oct 5, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets