New York : CD-adapco, a provider of simulation solutions for fluid flow, heat transfer, and stress, is providing software and services as an integral part of Dassault Systèmes’ “Passion for Innovation” program.
The goal of Dassalut Système’s program is to help individuals and non-profit organizations bring their innovative ideas to life through the use of state-of-the-art 3D design software. Recent projects such as the thermal simulation of the Khufu pyramid, Xpolair - an astonishing vertical take-off and landing vehicle - and the Kalmar–an innovative ship propulsion system that uses undulating membranes rather than spinning blades–required the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation. Due to CD-adapco’s long-term partnership with DS, as a member of the DS software community, and their proven CFD technology, they were a natural choice to provide their simulation solutions for the required simulations.
"CD-adapco shares a common vision with Dassault Systèmes in providing support to individuals and organizations that are pushing the limits in research, design, and product development,” said Dr Bill Clark, CD-adapco’s Senior VP of Worldwide Sales and Support. “It is inspiring to see how creative researchers and designers are advancing their knowledge by simulating the unique physics behind the function of their innovative designs.”
“As we expand our Passion for Innovation program in support of increasingly complex projects, it is clear there is a benefit to leveraging the vast resources of our software partner community”, stated Frederic Vacher, Director, Alliance & partnership programs Dassault Systèmes. “CD-adapco, has successfully integrated their CFD software with our CATIA and Abaqus FEA product suites and they have been enthusiastic in contributing their solutions and expertise to expand the resources available to our innovative entrepreneurs.”
In addition to the Kalmar project, CD-adapco’s CFD solutions were used to simulate the Xplorair, a unique vertical take-off and landing vehicle powered by an innovative engine; and to perform a thermal simulation of the of the Khufu pyramid.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets