Moers, Germany: CAD Schroer Group (CSG) today announced the release of version 4.0 of STHENO/PRO, the only drafting solution fully integrated with Pro/ENGINEER, Pro/INTRALINK® and Windchill PDMLink™, ideal for consolidating model and drawing-based product development processes. The latest technical enhancements focus on significant productivity gains through advanced data integration and an even quicker design process.
“We've been exploiting the latest technologies to enhance much of STHENO/PRO's most popular functionality, addressing customer requirements in the competitive manufacturing and product development area," explains CAD Schroer's Product Line Manager, Mark Simpson. "Many of our customers use STHENO/PRO to consolidate legacy 2D and gain a strong drafting solution that supports their Pro/ENGINEER strategy by bringing images and scanned-in legacy designs into their controlled Pro/INTRALINK or Windchill PDMLink data management environment. Or they use STHENO/PRO's excellent CADConvert DXF/DWG interface for quick 2D data exchange and easy design modification. Considerable work has gone into these areas and many more, delivering greater speed and graphics quality, while further cutting design editing times."
STHENO/PRO is tightly integrated with Pro/ENGINEER, but also open and flexible in its approach to other CAD systems and data. Considerable work has also gone into further enhancing interoperability with third party applications. Version 4.0 introduces a new mapping interface for the STHENO/IGES conversion tool , and enhanced open database connectivity for integrating the solution into diverse data management architectures. Support for URLs in STHENO/PRO drawings, imported or exported DXF/DWGs or the PDFs generated from them, further aids collaboration and data integration.
Smart Drafting and Editing
STHENO/PRO's new Smart Drafting tool (for quick and easy generation of geometry without the need for construction lines) has been further enhanced with explicit value options, and is now included in every STHENO/PRO package. The SMART Edit "parametrics on demand" tool has become even more visual and interactive, colour-coding the dependent relationships between elements, allowing users to see how changes will affect their geometry.
“Customer loyalty is one of our hallmarks,” explains Michael Schroer, the company’s Founding Director. “We work hard to retain that loyalty by offering customers a sound partnership based on engineering know-how, and constant proof – by way of regular software updates and releases with innovative cost-saving productivity tools – that their maintenance money is well-spent.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets