Enhancements Span Data Accessibility, Reporting, Usability, Flexibility and Administration.
SAN RAFAEL, Calif - Autodesk, Inc today announced the release of Autodesk Constructware 2010 project management software. As a premier solution for the construction industry, Autodesk Constructware 2010, is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application, providing an on-demand environment for construction project management and collaboration.
"Managing high-risk construction projects requires being able to view and report on activity across all projects in a consistent, timely way," said Laura Dowling, director of information systems for WELBRO Building Corporation. "WELBRO relies on Constructware to help create workflows used by project teams, as well as corporate management, to more smoothly integrate our business processes across our portfolio. I'm excited to see Autodesk continue to improve Constructware."
"Constructware was a key part of our overall technology systems overhaul," said Jason Bentley, director of business systems for Balfour Beatty Construction. "The new features in the 2010 version will give us better access to data - enabling us to include Constructware in reporting across all our core systems."
Data Accessibility and Reporting Enhancements
Constructware 2010 offers reporting and data access improvements to help retrieve meaningful data while maintaining the integrity of project information. Key enhancements include:
* Reporting Data Download - Constructware 2010 users can now subscribe to a periodic update of their reporting data, packaged and easily downloaded.
* Bundled Reports - This new capability makes it possible to bundle reports into one convenient package.
A hallmark feature of Autodesk Constructware is the flexibility to view, mark up and upload not only Autodesk file formats, but also other CAD files and office documents. Constructware 2010 continues this tradition by offering owners and contractors more options to configure the software to better fit their specific business needs, including an upgraded viewing component that now supports AutoCAD 2009 files and the latest formats produced by other design tools in the market.
Usability and Flexibility Enhancements
* User Interface Configuration - Allows customers to configure more module and field names to match their business requirements.
* Administrative Flexibility - New features make it easier to administer users and site configuration.
"Construction project management is a critical function for owners and contractors," said Rick Rundell, senior director, simulation product line, Autodesk AEC Solutions. "We are delighted to collaborate with our customers to continue evolving our Constructware offerings to better meet and anticipate their needs."
As Autodesk Constructware is a SaaS application delivered over the web, the new features are available immediately to end-users with a Subscription to Autodesk Constructware.
Oct 28, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio