Sharing the stage with customers from leading animation studios in India, Autodesk, Inc today organized the Mumbai leg of its four city 2009 Asia Pacific Blockbuster Tour. Anchored by the theme, “Thrive, Innovate, Win”, the agenda for the event flashed the spotlight on what it takes for firms in the Digital Entertainment Content industry to successfully develop world class productions in Asia Pacific, for a global audience.
Autodesk® also shared the stage with Academy Award-winning visual effects house Industrial, Light & Magic (ILM) which is behind this summer’s hottest movies, including “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,” “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” “Terminator Salvation” and “Star Trek.” Nigel Sumner, Digital Supervisor, Industrial, Light & Magic (ILM) showcased how ILM relied on Autodesk, Inc.’s digital entertainment software to create thousands of stunning visual effects shots using Autodesk visual effects software, including Autodesk Maya and the Autodesk Inferno software for some of these blockbusters.
The 2009 Asia Pacific Blockbuster Tour also includes Bangkok, Sydney and Melbourne.
“Every year we see the quantity and quality of visual effects-driven film and animated pictures increase as they compete to attract viewers’ attention in a fast-moving world of digital entertainment and design,” said Arun D’Souza, Head- M&E, Autodesk India and SAARC. “Efficiency has a big role to play in the creative film development process, and Autodesk continues to offer one of the most comprehensive software portfolios to enable industry players to innovate in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible.”
Oct 8, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio