Fremont, Calif — 3Dconnexion, a Logitech company, today announced that its full line of 3D mice, including the SpacePilot™ PRO flagship 3D mouse, now supports SolidWorks® 2010, the newest version of the popular 3D CAD software. 3Dconnexion 3D mice complement the new user-driven features in SolidWorks 2010 that help designers and engineers work faster and smarter.
Using 3Dconnexion’s 3D mice within SolidWorks 2010 allows professionals to navigate around their designs more intuitively, further enhancing the speed improvements made to rendering, loading parts and large assemblies in the new 3D workspace. In addition, 3D mice enable engineers working in SolidWorks 2010 to view designs from multiple angles, helping to detect errors earlier in the design process.
“3Dconnexion is committed to improving and enhancing the productivity of 3D design work, and the core design functions that have been implemented into SolidWorks 2010 echo that goal,” said Dieter Neujahr, president of 3Dconnexion. “SolidWorks 2010 paired with 3Dconnexion 3D mice provides today’s engineers a very powerful 3D design solution focused on efficiency and design performance – critical elements in bringing competitive products to market as quickly as possible.”
3Dconnexion’s 3D mice enhance new features of SolidWorks 2010. For example, when using the new Rapid Dimension Tool with a 3D mouse, designers can position drawing views and add dimensions to generate final drawings with greater ease and efficiency. In addition, 3D mice complement the functionality of new Mouse Gestures in SolidWorks 2010 for drawings, assemblies, parts, and sketches, helping engineers concentrate on design needs instead of the application environment.
“SolidWorks 2010 is focused on optimizing core design functions so users can more quickly and intelligently achieve their goals,” said Nick Iwaskow, Manager of Alliances at Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. “Using a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse with SolidWorks 2010 can help today’s engineers work even faster, simpler and smarter.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio