ROCK HILL, S.C.- 3D Systems Corporation announced today that it has named Cathy L. Lewis to the position of vice president Global Marketing, effective immediately. In this role, Ms. Lewis will assist in shaping, developing and implementing the company's market-facing direction and will have direct responsibility for all marketing strategies and functions including global branding, multi-channel marketing and the positioning and marketing of the company's broad product portfolio and growing services lines.
Ms. Lewis joins 3D Systems with more than 20 years' of industry experience, most recently as Chief Executive Officer of Desktop Factory, Inc., whose key assets the company acquired several weeks ago. Previously, Ms. Lewis held the position of senior vice president of marketing at IKON Office Solutions, a global office copying, printing and imaging company, and was earlier a vice president with Xerox Corporation where she held numerous progressive sales, marketing and senior executive positions.
"I am delighted to welcome a professional of Cathy's experience to our team," said Abe Reichental, 3D Systems' president and chief executive officer. "Cathy brings with her years of relevant hands-on experience in business development and marketing leadership not only from her time as CEO of Desktop Factory but also from her prior experience with IKON and Xerox.
"I have asked Cathy to place special emphasis on creating awareness and generating demand as we expand well beyond our current customer set and high-end offerings into lower cost 3-D printing and direct end user parts production through our recently launched 3Dproparts business. I expect Cathy's addition to our executive ranks to strengthen our marketing capabilities and the quality and consistency of our brand equity and marketplace performance. I also plan to lean on Cathy's considerable insights and experience as we continue the development and integration of the recently acquired Desktop Factory technology into our own expanding family of desktop and professional 3-D Printers," Reichental added.
Oct 15, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets