Taipei, Taiwan — Dassault Systèmes today announced that Overseas Chinese University (OCU), a privately funded university in central Taiwan, has chosen 3DVIA Composer, a desktop application for the creation of product deliverables, to provide real-life experience in the field of engineering for students in grades 11 and 12. The OCU’s Department of Industrial Engineering & Management (IEM), along with the support of the Department of Technology and Vocational Education and the Ministry of Education, selected 3DVIA Composer because of its ease of use and ability to convey to students the importance of state-of-the-art communication.
The program will start in January and will be divided into three courses, addressing the following topics: Precision Mechanical Design, System Engineering and Innovation, Automation and Electromechanics. Led by Professor Wang Tsung-Jung, the department’s hand-selected students will use 3DVIA Composer to present their system integration ideas and plans professionally and with the ability to be exported into various widely accepted formats.
“With this new product documentation tool, our students are able to go beyond CAD capabilities and deliver quicker and more advanced projects,” said Professor Wang. “With 3DVIA Composer, students will understand how having an advanced technology can improve the product and process design while decreasing time-to-market. The department is very practice-driven and foresees that 3DVIA Composer will help students gain important hands-on experiences, thus increasing their job opportunities.”
“We are enthusiastic to support such a progressive school in its new course initiative. OCU sees the importance of empowering its students with real-world presentation and communication skills before they enter the workforce in today’s competitive environment,” said Garth Coleman, 3DVIA director of product marketing, Dassault Systèmes. “We hope OCU’s dedication to excellence in teaching, research and community services will become the standard in schools world-wide.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio