Tekla, Inc. supported DPR Construction, Inc. in winning a 2009 Constructech Vision Award.
DPR Construction, Inc. successfully implemented Tekla Structures and increased productivity by rapidly generating form work layout options. "Tekla Corporation is pleased to see DPR take Tekla Structures into use to solve problems and add efficiency," says Andy Dickey, Business Manager of Tekla North America's Contractor group. "It's interesting to see how Tekla Structures has been used in this case to increase both 'office' and 'field' efficiency."
The 2009 Vision Award winners were honored during a special ceremony at the Fourth Annual Technology Day Conference, held this year at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare hotel. These awards honor companies that have realized the advantages of applying modern technologies to their everyday businesses.
“In today’s market, construction companies must face new challenges head on, and bring customers the most affordable, quality product they can. This goal can be achieved with the use of the right technology solutions,” said Mike Carrozzo, chief editor, Constructech. “The companies named as Vision Award winners recognize this necessity, and have become more successful as a result of implementing technology.”
Tekla Structures provided the technology to create highly detailed adaptive formwork templates and then manage the required formwork material. By generating the layout in 3D, complex issues not easily represented by 2D drawings were easily identified. This saved the field crew considerable time.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio